- Masks should be worn while in the building, and in particular, in the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Department.
- Temperature checks and hand sanitization will be done on entry to the building.
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced.
- Only 6 persons at any given time will be accommodated in the Corporate Registry’s general payment area. Only persons conducting business in the office will be permitted to enter. Family members, friends and other associates will be asked to wait outside. Exceptions will be made for persons who require special assistance such as the elderly and disabled, persons accompanied by young children, and other instances as the situation may warrant.
- Only 6 persons at any given time will be accommodated in the Search Area . Searches are conducted on a first come first serve basis. Persons must conduct their searches and then leave the area. Absolutely no congregating , socializing or otherwise lingering in the Search Area will be permitted. Consideration must be given to other patrons who are waiting to utilize the search facilities.
- No member of the public is permitted to enter the inner office of the Corporate Registry. All business will be conducted behind the protective glass including notarial services. Special provisions will be made for persons who require special assistance, such as the elderly and disabled, persons with young children, and other instances as the situation may warrant.
- Use of the Department’s on-line and contactless facilities is strongly encouraged as follows:
- Frequent users of CAIPO’s services may register to access the on-line database and conduct online transactions including searches . The form for registration is titled “Registered Agent Appl ication Form” and can be found at https://caipo.gov.bb/home/index.php/forms-documents /category/10-forms. It should be completed and emailed to email@example.com and jwaterman@cai po.gov.bb. An “agent number” and password will be issued, along with instructions on using the online database. Once registered, persons can use the EZPay+ system to top up their accounts.
- Persons not requiring frequent access to our database have the option of utilizing EZPay+ to make payments for a wide variety of filings. Once payment has been made, a copy of the documents being filed, along with the EZ Pay+ receipt, should be emailed to caipo.general@barbados .gov .bb. In cases of transactions pertaining to business names,2 forms of ID for each signatory should be included in the email.
- Queries relating to the status of applications and of post incorporation or organisational filings should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A drop box facility has been put in place in the Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office to facilitate filings. All documentation must be placed in a sealed envelope accompanied by the statutory fees in the form of a cheque made payable either to the Registrar of Corporate Affairs or the Director of Intellectual Property. Full contact information for the person submitting the documents should also be included in the envelope. Absolutely no cash should be placed in the drop box.
For all electronic submissions as indicated above, e-signatures are being accepted along with scanned copies of the relevant documentation, for example notarials and powers of attorney. Where originals are required, an undertaking must be given by the company’s director or attorney-at-law, to file the original documents as soon as possible.
Documents such as company charges with statements of charge, Bills of Sale, Instruments of share transfer , applications for the renewal of registration of trademarks and the payment of prescribed fees for patents and patent applications which are required to be filed within the timelines stipulated by legislation should be scanned and emailed using the address email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Office will recognise the date of receipt of the emailed documents pending submission of the physical documents , provided that the filing fee is paid via EZPay+ and evidence of payment is also submitted. The physical documents are to be submitted as soon as is reasonably possible.
The Corporate Registry will accept corporate documents from another jurisdiction without the requirement of notarial certification provided that these documents can be independently verified (for example, if they contain a QR Code or some other access code which allows the same document to be viewed on the issuing Corporate Registry’s website). If they are no such means of independent verification, the Registrar will accept, without notarial certification during the prevailing circumstances , corporate documents which have been executed outside of the jurisdiction where the documents are supported by an affidavit which has been signed by counsel for the body corporate, in accordance with Section 407 of the Companies Act, Cap.308 as amended, and which verifies the authenticity of the documents and the facts contained therein.
Cabinet has approved an extension of time for the filing of all 2019 Annual returns . Pending the appropriate legislation, these Annual Returns may be submitted without the late penalties, until March 31, 2021.
Any queries or status updates may be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dated this 6th day of January, 2021
Rochester Registrar (Ag.)
Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property
Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property Office Ground Floor BAOBAB Tower